Strawberry Coconut Almond Butter

Hi hi my lovely readers! 

GOOD NEWS!!! With summer giving me more free time, I plan to blog at least three times a week! So cheers to more fun blogging! :)

I hope you all are having a wonderful week! My week has been filled with lots of eating, reading, hiking, and swimming! I love summer! Oh man, the swimming though...I am definitely three shades darker than when I entered the pool today. -____-; Either I should start swimming earlier in the day or later at night to avoid the sun. Or find an indoor swimming pool somewhere. Haha~ Oh well, I guess it's just one of the side effects of summer! (If you get this reference, I just finished The Fault in Our Stars by John Green the other day. It was such a great read! I definitely recommend everyone to read this book~! :)) 

Recently, I ordered four packs of unsweetened shredded coconut from Amazon (because I was getting a sweet deal for it) and now I am on the quest to make use of it all. @_@; Amazon can be a great blessing as well as a great nuisance. I love the convenience of having my products delivered straight to me at a competitive price, but sometimes these competitive prices are only available when I order in bulk. && SOMETIMES when I order in bulk, I forget to use some of these items or I lose fondness for them. Anywho, guess I'll be eating a lot of coconut this summer~ :P 

I found some strawberries stocked in my fridge and thought to myself, 'STRAWBERRIES + COCONUT??? I THINK YES.' But I also needed to have something to hold it all together nicely, so I went with my current food addiction: almond butter. (Going off on a tangent, I also ordered almond butter by the bulk from amazon and I can't get enough of it with apples! Oh my goodness, apples and almond butter are like the gift from the gods. Best breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, whatever. I could eat these all day. ^_______^ Bwahahaha~ But no lie. I think I need to keep it out of the house for awhile. I eat too much of it in one sitting. >_>;)

So blah blah blah with many minutes of staring into my fridge and pantry, I have created a delicious new spread to use on your toasts, bananas, apples, or whatever you want!


Strawberry Coconut Almond Butter



Prep time: 3 minutes

Ingredients:

2 tbsp almond butter
2 tbsp shredded coconut
1 cup fresh strawberries (or any berries!)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt

Directions:
1.) Pour all ingredients into a food processor & blend. (I used a Magic Bullet. ONE OF THE BEST KITCHEN INVESTMENTS EVER.)

Makes 3 serving.

Refrigerate leftovers.*

*Side note: It will harden in the fridge, but you can microwave & it'll turn into a spread again! :) I personally like my almond butter a little warmer anyways~ Makes me feel all warm & gooey inside like warm golden honey~ Hehehe~!

This recipe is great because you can use it just like any other spreads (Nutella, PB, almond butter, etc). It's also packed full of good oils, fiber, protein, and vitamin C to get you through the day! I found it sweet enough without any sweeteners, but if you want, you can add some honey or agave nectar. I think next time, I'll try it out with different kinds of berries and see how it goes. So far, I love just eating this on toast or just by itself! Yummy yummy in my tummy. :P 

Let me know how you like this recipe & remember: always have fun in the kitchen! :)




Nutrition Info (per serving): Calories134.4 Total Fat 10.9 g Saturated Fat 2.7 g Polyunsaturated Fat 2.1 g Monounsaturated Fat 6.1 g Cholesterol 0 mg Sodium 97.4 mg Potassium 233.0 mg Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g Dietary Fiber 3.8 g Sugars 3.9 g Protein 3.6 g Vitamin C 45.3%


Calorie counter used: http://www.sparkpeople.com/calorie-counter.asp

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig